Easy Almond Orange Oat Pikelets
This easy almond and oat pikelets will become one of your favourite breakfast if you like oats. Full of flavour from orange juice and its' zest, no added sugar as it gets' the sweetness from added banana. They are light and fluffy, full with good protein and fiber. They will keep you full and happy for hours.
2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
¾ cup almond flour
1 soft banana
3 tsp apple cider vinegar
¾ cup milk of your choice
orange zest from one large orange
½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1½ tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
- Place the oats, almond flour, apple cider vinegar, banana, milk, orange juice, zest, vanilla extract, maple syrup, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the big bowl of the food processor.
- Blend well until you get the desired consistency scraping the bowl down once during processing. The batter will be thick and not quite completely smooth.
- Heat a big frying pan and scoop a 1/4 cup of batter. I can fit up to 5 on this frypan.
- When you see the bubbles forming on the top flip the pikelet and cook the other side till golden colour.
- Serve them hot or cold with your favourite toppings.
- If you have any left you can store them in a sealed container.