Gluten-Free Sourdough Naan Bread
One of the easiest way to use gluten free sourdough discharge is to make this naan bread. Great for those curries or sauces. Your gluten free friends will love you if you bring it to parties.
200 g water
100g g sourdough discard
80g rice flour
80g potato starch
10g psyllium husk
3g of salt
rosemary or other herbs
- Add the water and sourdough to a medium bowl. Use a fork or egg whisk to dissolve it.
- Add the psyllium husk and whisk again. Leave it for a few min till it becomes as a jelly consistency.
- Add the rice flour and the potato starch.
- Season with salt and the chopped herbs or leave plain if you prefer.
- Divide in 4 balls and let them rise in a warm place for 3 hours.
- Once the resting time is over, flatten each dough ball with your hands until quite thin.
- Heat a flat pan until very hot and then cook the flatbreads for 4-5 minutes for each side.
- Once fully cooked, brush them with some oil or butter and more herbs, then serve warm.