Best Honey and Oat Cookies
These honey and oat cookies are a delicious and wholesome treat, perfect for any time of day. Made with oats, honey and a few other simple ingredients, these cookies are easy to make and sure to please the crowd. I highly recommend to do a double batch as they are super delicious and will disappear too fast.
1 cup white sugar
115g softened butter (130 for gluten-free option)
1/3 cup runny honey
2 cups white flour or gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins, cranberries or chocolate drops
These honey and oat cookies are a delicious and healthy snack that is perfect for any time of the day. They are easy to make, and you only need a few basic ingredients that you can find in your pantry.
- To start, preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy using a hand mixer. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well combined.
- Add honey and mix well to incorporate it.
Note: if necessary warm it up in the microwave for 15 seconds or put the jar into a bowl with warm water.
- Then add 2 cups flour, 2 cups oats, baking soda, and salt and the walnuts or other nuts if you prefer. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Lastly add 1 cup of raisins, cranberries or chocolate drops.
Note: I prefer cranberries but my son loves chocolate chips so sometimes I half the mixture and add the favourite of each.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, portion out the dough and roll into balls. Place them onto the prepared baking tray, leaving about 2 centimetre of space between each cookie. Use a fork to flatten the balls slightly.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Remove the tray from the oven and let the cookies cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- The result is a batch of deliciously chewy honey and oat cookies that are perfect for a quick snack or dessert. You can store them in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze them for longer shelf life.
- These cookies are not only tasty but also packed with healthy ingredients like oats and honey, which provide a good source of fibre and antioxidants. So, you can enjoy them guilt-free, knowing that you are treating yourself to a nutritious snack.